Dog brain tumor steroids

Recognizing Adrenal Disease in Dogs  Not rated yet
Reader Question: My 10 year old large Sheltie has high liver counts, but he eats all the time, drinks lots of water, more than he ever has, but has … Shrinking An Adrenal Tumor in Dogs  Not rated yet
My 11yr old lab (Angel) has a tumor on each of her adrenal glands. She has no symptoms, but does have Cushing’s. She is on Trilostane and cushex drops … Treatments for Shrinking a Dog Benign Adrenal Tumor with Medication/Natural Therapy  Not rated yet
My question is a more complex one on how to shrink an Adrenal Tumor that appears to be benign without surgery. My dogs history is as follows. I have … Click here to write your own.

If the ZD is helping then, stick with that. You said you have tried everything…? I know this sounds stupid, but is your baby off chicken and corn?
Chicken and turkey are considered “hot” foods in Chinese medicine. If you are giving your baby chickin treats they can cause this problem.
Do you give your baby a chew toy or a marrow bone? Sometimes they need to get anxiety out and if they don’t have anything, they chew on themselves.
There’s a web site, I love called http://
maybe they can help.
But, yes, get rid of the Apequel

I just found your blog and have been absorbing the info…. started looking up feeding a dog on prednisone. My 11 year old Staffy “Bailey” has had 2 surgeries to remove MCT. Her prognosis was under 4 mos the Stage is III and the mitotic index of 25 (yes, 25!). She also had a amalenotic malenoma removed (after the 2nd removal of MCT) from her lower mandible. This was found when going in to have stiches removed after 2nd surgery. We are trying to decide weather to proceed with Chemo or just continue with the prednisone/pepcid/benadryl which I know is for paliative care. We can’t financially make a long term commitment to chemo (maybe 2-3 mos). Will that do more harm than good and would we just be prolonging the innevitable and have the situation only worsen? I know its hard to predict as each dog is going to react differently (or so we’ve been told)… I’ve purchased your book tonight but need to make the decision about moving fwd with chemo soon as we already had blood and biochem workup so the cost is 1/2 what it would be if we wait another week (at least for first month). I don’t need to go into how devistated my husband and I are. We didn’t have kids and all our maternal and paternal instincts have been poured into her the last 11 yrs – some think we’re crazy, but we don’t care. We’ve spent over $3, since December but are at a crossroads we know we don’t have a great deal of time and just want her to be comfortable. I’d go broke if I thought we could cure her but that’s not an option. I don’t want her to be here longer just to make me feel better. I wish she could talk to me – and sometimes I know she tries! We lost my mother-in-law last July to lung cancer and my husband doesn’t want to see our little girl suffer like his mom did from the chemo. Any advise you can offer would be so appreciated! Thank you and God Bless you.

I am so upset. My 15 year old Sheltie mix was diagnosed with MCT around 4 weeks ago. The diagnosis was make after surgery to remove infected and necrotic tissue from her lower right rear leg. The biopsy reflected grade 2 and a mitotic index of 4. I was cautiously optimistic because of the index of 4. The stage came back as two. However the surgeon wasn’t able to get everything out. Her leg started to heal very quickly which surprised the doctors. Likewise they were surprised by the quick recurrence that we just noticed today. Now there is talk about amputation vs chemo and radiation. We had initially said we would consider local radiation once she was fully healed. She was over 90 percent healed when the reoccurrence happened. So I now think that we should have her liver and spleen aspirated to check for spread. If there is spread then the discussion will be very different. I am also confused because with all the communication with the drs I never understood that the initial tumor hadn’t been removed. My husband is the one who had been taking her back and forth to vet since I work long days. However in reading the reports snd speaking with the drs I understood that there was a chance or recurrence but not that the tumor or cells were still there. I would think that given that information the chance of recurrence would be 100 percent. I know my beloved dog is 15 but just had her annual check up and all was good. The dr was impressed and pleased how well she is or was
She is eating and behaving normally and except for her limping is seemingly fine. Of course her humans know otherwise

My 9 year old Golden Retriever started slowing down. He struggles to get up and down. Paces and stares into the wall. He doesn’t play anymore or want to go for walks. All his tests were good. Was diagnosed with Horner’s Syndrome and assumption that the rest is also neurological. I am currently giving him Glucosamine, turmeric golden paste and taking him to acupuncture. Seems to help a little so far. He has been to 5 treatments. He used to be on steroids for allergies but he was weaned off because he was still itching his ears. (no infected ears). I read some articles that steroids help. Do steroids help with neurological disorders? Should I put him back on them? Is there anything else we can do to help him? There are no vets in my area that specialize in neurological disorders. What do I do?

Dog brain tumor steroids

dog brain tumor steroids

I am so upset. My 15 year old Sheltie mix was diagnosed with MCT around 4 weeks ago. The diagnosis was make after surgery to remove infected and necrotic tissue from her lower right rear leg. The biopsy reflected grade 2 and a mitotic index of 4. I was cautiously optimistic because of the index of 4. The stage came back as two. However the surgeon wasn’t able to get everything out. Her leg started to heal very quickly which surprised the doctors. Likewise they were surprised by the quick recurrence that we just noticed today. Now there is talk about amputation vs chemo and radiation. We had initially said we would consider local radiation once she was fully healed. She was over 90 percent healed when the reoccurrence happened. So I now think that we should have her liver and spleen aspirated to check for spread. If there is spread then the discussion will be very different. I am also confused because with all the communication with the drs I never understood that the initial tumor hadn’t been removed. My husband is the one who had been taking her back and forth to vet since I work long days. However in reading the reports snd speaking with the drs I understood that there was a chance or recurrence but not that the tumor or cells were still there. I would think that given that information the chance of recurrence would be 100 percent. I know my beloved dog is 15 but just had her annual check up and all was good. The dr was impressed and pleased how well she is or was
She is eating and behaving normally and except for her limping is seemingly fine. Of course her humans know otherwise

Media:

dog brain tumor steroidsdog brain tumor steroidsdog brain tumor steroidsdog brain tumor steroidsdog brain tumor steroids